Creatives of all types need to continually learn their craft and how to develop professionally. AIGA wants to be a resource for our members trying to grow in different ways. We hope to create conversation amongst members and hot topics through roundtables, inspire new goals by hearing speakers, and introduce them to the right people with studio tours. In addition to those, this committee is responsible for always thinking about how AIGA can be a better resource for our members as they grow in their career. If you’re interested in raising the bar of design for Indianapolis, this is the right committee for you.
Professional Development Director
The responsibility of the Professional Development Director is to identify areas within creative community to where we can provide programming or resources to develop careers and understand the changing landscape of our profession. He/ She should work with the Design Ability team to plan and execute on such programming and initiatives recruiting additional volunteers as necessary. This role should strive to make Indianapolis a well educated and prepared community that can play a role in elevating the design professional nationally and locally.
- Overseas Design Ability team’s strategy and objectives, making sure they align with the boards
- Sends reports of the team’s monthly meeting to President and added to drive
- Identifies areas that the Indianapolis membership and creative community needs programming or resources that can help their careers and know more about the changing landscape of our profession.
- Strives to make Indianapolis a well educated and prepared community that can play a role in elevating the design professional nationally and locally.
- Works with the Education Director regarding related student and professional programming.
- Keeps relationships with leaders at agencies and creative firms in town. Especially that of Group members.
Apply for the Professional Development Director role here