Don’t miss the opportunity to show off your work and join the celebration!
Please send submission zip file via a dropbox, google drive, or other FTP link to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than AUGUST 5th 2016. – UPDATE, Deadline extended to WEDNESDAY AUGUST 10th
Recommended Free FTP:
https://www.wetransfer.com/ You can use their free version as long as the file is under 2M.
- Work that was for any local business that is or became important/unique/highlight of the city. (example; Restaurant/brewery/company/foundation branding, interior, signage, website, product, packaging, advertisements)
- Work for initiatives of the city or cultural issues. (example: Open for All, neighborhood marketing or branding, murals, Cultural trail, Monon trail, city promotion in general)
- Work for events held in the city (example: Festivals, Super Bowl, Conferences, Indy 500, Gallery Exhibits, Art Directors Club)
- Work that created conversation about design in Indy (examples: books, magazines, event branding, displayed work, educational efforts)
- Work that esthetically pushed design at the time
- Work that has been recognized through magazine awards, online awards, ADDYS, that helped put Indy on the map for design.
- Work that notably represents you as a designer who has been influential to design in Indy. (Posters, logos, side projects, t-shirts, lettering, photos)
EACH SUBMISSION MUST INCLUDE:
1. 24×36 inch verticle print-Ready PDF
2. Separate Document with:
- Project title
- Date it was created
- Creator name (ie. your name, company name, + additional contributor’s names)
- Short paragraph explaining what the project is and how it impacted the city
- Each entry must be submitted as a 24 inch x 36 inch verticle print-ready PDF. If chosen, your entry will be printed and displayed at the event with a description displayed separately.
- Please do not include descriptions or titles on the print ready PDF. Instead, provide a separate document with a project title, date project was completed and paragraph explaining what the project is and how it impacted the city.
- Submitted pieces must have been originally created by you or your agency. Collaboration pieces accepted.
- Applicants can submit up to three entries that were created and published/released between 1990 – 2016. In order to show a span of design over the past 25 years, we would prefer that if possible, you provide at least 1 piece from the 1990-2006 and 1 from 2007-2016 timeframe.
- Each entry should focus on 1 finished designed piece that had an impact on the Indianapolis market or was utilized in the Indianapolis area. This could include anything from brand development, marketing campaign creation, website creation, mobile app development, published works, etc. It is acceptable to use multiple images of a single campaign or project on the final PDF. (example: brand redesign for a restaurant could include images of logo, menu, signage, website, etc.)
- Interactive works must be submitted as a 24 inch x 36 inch print ready PDF but, if chosen, can also be displayed digitally at the event.
- Your entries are subject to a committee review before being chosen to participate in the show. You will be notified after August 8th if you have been accepted and will receive further details.