Data suggests that organizations that are more diverse, not only generate more revenue but are more innovative and have a higher staff retention rate. We believe this workshop will benefit designers of all levels, but we would love to see designers in leadership roles attend this workshop.
Much like Cultural Competence, Social Responsibility happens at the individual level and it can positively impact society in a variety of ways. Becoming a Socially Responsible individual means that you have taken steps to challenge the status quo toward equity. Attend Part 2 of the Inclusive Leadership series to learn how you can demonstrate a commitment to Social Responsibility.
This 1.5-hour workshop has several parts:
- Review of Cultural Competence Components as it relates to Social Responsibility (Part 1)
- Develop understanding of Social Responsibility and where it intersects with Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Develop a holistic understanding of how self-identity impacts social responsibility
- Intersection of unconscious bias and social responsibility
- Learn 6 ways to Combat Bias toward Social Responsibility
- Establish goals for social responsibility
- Deeper understanding of Social Responsibility through Q&A
This DEI workshops series will be led by LEAD Culture Consulting. It will be virtual and include interactive discussions with visual aids/PowerPoint and handouts for group dialogue.
About the Speaker:
Tiesha D. Douglas is the Founder and Principal for LEAD Culture Consulting, an organization designed to assist in the education of diversity, equity, and inclusion through self-discovery toward the goal of inclusive leadership.
With over 12 years of professional experience within the higher education and non-profit sectors, Tiesha brings a wealth of knowledge and insights toward awareness and competence of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) issues and topics. Tiesha has been a DEI Consultant and Practitioner for over 6 years and is trained and certified in Emotional Intelligence, Keirsey Temperaments (personality sorter), and Conflict Mediation & Resolution.
Note: If you register for this event, you'll receive an Eventbrite confirmation email. At the bottom of that email, there will be Zoom login details. So don't lose that email!
A special thanks go to our wonderful and supportive sponsors! We couldn't have this event without them.
Artisan Talent, Pivot Marketing, CVR, and Studio Science