Join the Board
AIGA Indy was founded and is led by volunteers. Our board is made of passionate, driven individuals who enjoy giving back to the design community. We strive to have a diverse group of board members with varying backgrounds. Our mission is to connect, develop, and empower designers to make Indianapolis a more inclusive place to live, work, and create. And we need help to do that. We are looking for excited candidates who are ready and willing to push AIGA Indy to the next level.
Please note, that we welcome people of all backgrounds – including non-designers.
We are currently looking for the following roles:
WANTED: Membership Director
Must love people! If you love making personal connections with everyone you meet, you might be a good fit for this role. The ability to build relationships and foster connections with our members is required. Having a passion for spreading design love is also a huge plus.
- Creating and managing distribution of a welcome packet (digital or printed) to new members
- Reaching out to members whose memberships have expired or are up for renewal
- Developing ways to increase and retain our membership
WANTED: Communications Chairs
Do you love content? If you are comfortable with art directing your own work and copy editing your headlines, you should apply!
Responsibilities could include:
- Design, write, and curate content for events/initiatives, blog posts, social media, and emails as needed
- Attending events to manage social media coverage, taking event pictures, and publishing posts to the Chapter’s social media streams
- Ensuring that materials are aligned with our Chapter’s communication strategy
WANTED: DEI Chairs
Are you passionate about social impact, and looking for a platform from which to make a difference? Our board is fully committed to developing and maintaining an inclusive environment for creatives of all backgrounds and advocating for marginalized groups in the Indianapolis creative community. If you’d like to help us with these efforts, we want to hear from you.
Responsibilities will include:
- Researching and recommending inclusive practices for AIGA Indy’s various events and initiatives
- Working with our Programming and Communications teams to create content and experiences that celebrate and appeal to the diverse creative community of Indianapolis
- Maintaining partnerships locally and nationally with organizations and individuals to elevate our impact
WANTED: Programming Chairs
Must love planning! If you love coming up with ideas for events and getting people together (virtually), and if you have excellent project management skills and like to dive into the details, you are the right person for the job!
- Generating ideas for and planning events
- Ensuring events are attractive to our community and add value to members
- Collaborating with other board members on their event needs
- Making sure events run smoothly
If you have any questions about the responsibilities of being a Board member, please send us an email.
Only want to volunteer at an event or support in smaller ways? Visit our Become A Volunteer Page to learn more about how you can become a more active AIGA Indy Member.